Building acoustics and sound insulation
Our work in building acoustics planning and consultancy deals with noise control in buildings – traditionally one of the core competencies of Müller-BBM. The focus here is on
- airborne and impact sound insulation,
- protection from external noise and
- protection against noise from in-house technical equipment.
We support you with advice from as early on as the design phase through to the detailed engineering, and will supervise the construction process for you.
We carry out building acoustics measurements
- in our own test facilities, e.g. for product development and tests on the test bench,
- using our test vehicle team on site for quality testing of the structure and
- in the framework of expert reports. We are also happy to answer any specific queries concerning building acoustics.
Our intensive participation on panels and in committees means that we are always up-to-date on the newest developments in the field of building acoustics. We offer consulting and planning services for new constructions as well as for the renovation and restoration of existing buildings.
The sound insulation certificate provides evidence of structural sound insulation. We will gladly provide you with such a certificate and support you with expert reports, if required. Sound insulation against external noise and protection against noise to be received in the immediate vicinity is an important aspect in the field of building acoustics. We can provide you with competent advice, especially when your building is, for example, located on noisy roads or facilities produce external noise that affects your building.