Measuring point according to § 26 Federal Pollution Control Act
As a rule, the building permits of plants that do not require licensing and the notification of approval of large power plants or industrial plants contain stipulations relative to the emission limits that must not be exceeded. Most of the time, they point out the manner in which compliance with the respective limits must be controlled. Generally, the regulatory authorities of the federal states do not verify compliance with emission limits themselves; they name testing bodies authorised to carry out such verifications on the basis of § 26 of the Federal Emission Control Act (BImSchG). These testing bodies determine the emissions levels of plants under “operating conditions with maximum emission”. The regulatory authority is responsible for evaluating the results in terms of whether the emission limits have or have not been complied with. Müller-BBM is Germany's notified testing bodies with the most extensive competence.
As a notified testing body according to §26 BImSchG high demands are placed on the staff, and on the quality of the detailed test instructions stipulated in the quality management handbook. State-of-the-art measurement equipment as well as precision in the use and handling of our measurement equipment are a matter of course at our testing centre. All of the relevant measuring devices are listed under a measurement equipment management programme, and are checked for proper functioning at specified intervals.
Accreditation according to DIN EN 17025 with the specialist module “Emission Protection” is a prerequisite for notification as a testing body according to § 26 BImSchG. Additionally, comprehensive proof of competence, as provided by Müller-BBM, must be furnished for full disclosure. This requires, among other things, a university education, or a minimum of three years' experience for all measurement engineers and technicians before they can perform measurements under their own authority. Moreover, for the current accreditation, more than 100 measurement and calibration reports were submitted to the competent technical assessors as proof of competence of the specialist manager and their representatives.
Müller-BBM GmbH is a notified body according to § 26 BImSchG in the following areas:
- Determination of emissions, immissions, and verification of proper installation/functional tests/calibrations of measuring equipment for inorganic gases (Area A, B, C)
- Determination of emissions, immissions, and verification of proper installation/functional tests/calibrations of measuring equipment for dust and dust compounds (Area A, B, C)
- Determination of special dust-like substances, in particular fibrous dusts, and performance of emission and immission tests according to the analysis (Area G1, G2, H2)
- Determination of emissions, immissions, and verification of proper installation/functional tests/calibrations of measuring equipment for inorganic compounds (Area I, K, L)
- Determination of emissions and emissions of highly toxic organic chemical compounds in extremely low concentrations (dioxins and furans) and analysis by an appropriate notified laboratory the mas | münster analytical solutions gmbh (area M1, M3, N1, N3)
- Determination of emissions and emissions of odours (area O, P)
- Determination of emissions and emissions of noise (area Q, R)
- Determination of emissions and immissions of vibrations(Area S, T)
We cover all aspects of measurements and analyses, and offer support services for the interpretation of results. We also provide comprehensive consulting services, in addition to a variety of interdisciplinary services for clients with complex tasks or issues.