Room acoustic planning and site supervision
All room acoustic consulting and planning services by Müller-BBM have one primary objective – perfect acoustics for the respective assignment. Projects include new constructions as well as usage changes as part of renovation or restoration measures.
Müller-BBM closely collaborates with architects and clients well beyond the borders of Germany and Europe when it comes to room acoustic design in construction projects. We offer all basic and special services for every work phase – from consulting for building owners and architects in connection with architecture competitions to advisory services during the initial operation period, as outlined in the Honorarordnung für Architekten und Ingenieure (HOAI) (German fee regulation for architects and engineers).
These services include in particular:
- establishment of acoustical requirements while taking into account all relevant standards and guidelines
- room acoustics planning concept
- room acoustic design including acoustic evaluation of the architectural design and details of the material qualities required
- assistance with the detailed design, i.e. detailing the acoustically relevant structures and acoustic specifications for incorporation into the tender documents
- participation in awarding contracts, e.g. by verifying the offers from a room acoustics point of view
- monitoring of acoustically important design work through construction site visits
- advisory services during initial operation period
Acoustic measurements, computer models, scale-model measurements in addition to support in the planning of an electro-acoustic sound reinforcement system can be incorporated into the project management based on the demands of the project. Moreover, in‑house, state of the art testing laboratories are available.