Odours – Measurement, Prediction, Advice
Apart from the full spectrum natural odours in the environment, commercial and industrial plants as well as agricultural activities also lead to odour emissions. Depending on frequency and type, they can be a source of nuisance to the neighbourhood.
With the help of odour emission and dispersion measurements, Müller-BBM Industry Solutions GmbH can determine the emission concentrations of emitters and the frequency of odour immissions in the neighbourhood. On the basis of the results, it can be evaluated in conjunction with the assessment criteria of Annex 7 of TA Luft 2021 whether immission values are complied with or exceeded or whether plants correspond to the state of the art with regard to their emission behavior. In addition or alternatively, Müller-BBM Industry Solutions GmbH, as an accredited and notified measurement body according to § 29b of the Federal Pollution Control Act, can carry out odour immission measurements to determine the frequency of odour immissions and assess their intensity and hedonic.
We can advise you on building and immissions control licensing of your plants and can elaborate emission predictions based on our experience with measurements. We calculate the resulting odour immission frequencies in the plant surroundings with dispersion models compliant with the TA Luft.
Adapted on a case-by-case basis, we support the cause analysis of odour emissions, the elaboration of measures for reducing odour emissions and immissions and determine the origin of odour nuisances in case of complaints. We also support urban land use planning among other topics.
Our services in the field of odour emissions and immissions include:
- execution of emission measurements (notified body according to § 29b of the Federal Pollution Control Act (BImSchG)
- execution of immission measurements (notified body according to § 29b of the Federal Pollution Control Act (BImSchG)
- execution of stack height calculations according to the TA Luft 2021
- execution of dispersion calculations (if required also with cold air and prognostic wind field models
- determination of minimum distances to the neighbouring residential areaelaboration and check of emission inventories
- elaboration and check of pollution reducing conceptsassessment of the plants‘ state of the art to avoid negative effects of odour emissions
- determination of the efficiency factor of odour reducing facilitiesdetermination of odour thresholds of charge materials or products
- determination of the odour emission potential of process or waste waterdetermination of the impact potential of odour emissions on the immissions side
- determination and assessment of odours indoors