Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) with EDX element analysis and low-vacuum detector
In our accredited test laboratories, the latest scanning electron microscopes type EVO MA 10 from the company ZEISS are used to solve your tasks.
Application examples for scanning electron microscopes in industry, trade and construction are, among other things:
• Fibre analysis (e.g. asbestos, artificial mineral fibres)
• Material testing
• Microbiology (germs, spores)
• Morphology of cuts, fractures and surfaces
• Surface analysis
• Damage analysis
For the sample preparation a plasma incinerator can be used, depending on the particular application. In case of insulating sample material, it can be coated with a very thin layer of gold or carbon (graphite). The effort involved with scanning electron microscopy pays off in particular in the fields of product development and control as well as damage inspection. Our many years of experience in the interpretation and evaluation of results complement our customer service.
Simple images of a certain product or area can be created at any time and often help to make the right decisions. Consultants, engineering offices and experts appreciate our services at eye level.
Scanning electron microscope (SEM) type EVO MA 10 with LaB6 cathode, equipped with:
- SE detector
- "High Definition“ 5 areas BSE detector
- Low-vacuum SE detector (10 - 133 Pa)
- EDX (Oxford Instruments X-act) AZtec Standard
Resolution (for conductive samples):
- 2.0 nm at 30 kV in high vacuum (SE Detektor)
- 3.4 nm at 30 kV in VP mode (low vacuum) (SE detector)
- 8.0 nm at 3 kV in high vacuum (SE detector)
- 4.0 nm at 30 kV in high vacuum (BSE detector)